There are many ways to enjoy weed, whether you choose to eat it, smoke it, or vape. However, one of the most delicious and decadent methods of consumption is weed space cake (a delectable treat made with marijuana and chocolate). A weed space cake has many different names, including pot brownies and Mary Jane’s cake. However you choose to call it, one thing remains the same—it’s delicious! And learning how to make space cakes can be very rewarding. Follow these simple instructions and tips for the best weed space cake recipe around!
Part 1 – Space cake ingredients
- 1 cup of unsalted butter or cannabutter
- 8 grams of freshly ground weed (if you are not using cannabutter)
- 1 ¼ cups of milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cups of flour
- 2 tablespoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Part 2 – Equipment needed for space cakes
- Non-stick cooking spray or lining paper
- Cake pan
- Measuring spoons and teaspoons
- Mixing bowls
- Bowls for frosting
- Food coloring or liquid food coloring paste
- Paper towels
- Cooling rack which is usually contained in the set of 4 cooling racks (includes 1 sheet cake cooling rack)
- Cupcake containers like tins or cupcake wrappers and stick freezing spray
- Microwave or oven
- Toothpicks or skewers
- Weed grinder
Part 3 – Weed space cake preparation pro-tips!
- Begin with making sure your baking equipment is clean
- Make sure you use the right consistency of flower
- Do not under bake or you will get a crumbly mess
- Bake to the exact required temperature
- Use brown sugar! Brown sugar adds moisture to cakes, so they tend to have a richer taste & texture.
- Try some fun toppings like chopped nuts, sprinkles, crushed cookies, candy bars, etc.!
- Mix dry and wet ingredients separately, and add wet ingredients to your dry mix
- Be sure to sprinkle the flour evenly over the wet ingredients and then use a spatula to fold it in gently. This will keep your batter smooth and lump-free.
Part 4 – How to make space cakes
- Heat your oven to around 113°C. Grind your dried cannabis and transfer it to an oven-safe container. Leave the pot in the oven for 40 minutes, removing any moisture and making sure that most of the cannabinoids are bioavailable.
- Before you cook the weed space cake, the oven should be heated to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Spoon the batter into a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 20 seconds. The butter should be melted and look like a gloopy paste.
- In a small bowl, mix cannabis and butter until cannabis is well incorporated.
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients until they reach a consistency that is neither too wet nor too dry. Note: If your mix is too dry, you can add more milk; if it is too wet, you can add some more flour.
- Prepare a cake pan by greasing it with non-stick baking spray or lining it with non-stick paper.
- Add your cake batter to the baking tin or cake pan, spreading it around evenly to ensure your cake will be the shape you desire.
- Cover your tin with foil or baking paper and bake in a preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- When you gently insert a skewer into the center of the cake, it will come out clean. If there is any batter on the skewer, bake for a further five minutes and test again.
- Take the cake out of the tin or oven and set it upside down on a wire rack for 40 minutes.
- Once your cake has cooled, spread frosting on the surface and decorate it with your favorite toppings.
Part 5 – Eat your space cakes and get high!
The last and final step of our amazingly tasty space cake recipe is to eat them, but I’m sure you need no instructions on that. If this is your first experiment at making your own edibles, go easy on them. Space Cakes take a while longer to digest so the high wont hit you as fast as if you were to smoke a joint. Standard advice is to wait 30 – 60 minutes after eating one, before you grabbing a second. This allows the Space Cake to digest and your body to absorb some of the THC.
What are the best marijuana strains to make space cakes with?
If you want to be couch locked for a good few hours and have a serious case of the munchies then look no further. Gorilla Glue is an ideal strain to use in your space cake recipe if you want to get really high. With THC percentages of up to 32% Gorilla Glue is about as potent as they come. If this is your first time making edibles go easy on them, space cake can take an hour before you feel any effects so give it some time before you chow down another slice!
Known for its resinous buds hash plant is ideal for making edibles. If you want a mellow but cerebral high then Hash Plant is the strain for you. The high starts off with an indica head buzz and gradually melts through your body to give you a calming feeling of euphoria.
A hybrid mix of three of the best known landrace strains, Afghan, Thai and Mexican sativa, this sativa dominant strain will give your space cakes a kick. If feeling couch locked and mellow isn’t your thing then Trainwreck may just be the strain for your space cake recipe. The high starts off with an uplifting sativa buzz ideal if you have a busy day ahead of you, as the head high subsides you gradually begin to feel more relaxed. Medical users in particular love Trainwreck for its pain relieving benefits as well as helping with anxiety.