The iconic weed brownies have remained at the top as the most preferred baked goods for many reasons: they are incredibly easy to make, and besides smelling good, the awesome taste of potent chocolate as it breaks in our mouths is something to look forward to.
Here, we will walk you through each step of how to make weed brownies that bring a perfect balance of chewy and gooey in one bite. This weed brownies recipe utilizes the ingredients easily available in your kitchen, and in just about 25 minutes, your highly potent brownies will be ready!
You can conveniently use infusions like cannabutter, cannabis-infused coconut oil, or even decarboxylated flower. No need to worry about fancy equipment as you won’t be needing any.
Toppings? That’s optional, but chocolate chips, chopped walnuts, caramel, or whichever your choice of toppings will definitely take your brownies a notch or two higher.
DIY weed brownies recipes are ideal for people who don’t live near a dispensary. Even when buying weed brownies online is an option, sometimes it’s hard to find edibles that meet your preferred taste or potency.
How much weed do I need?
DIY gives you full control of how much weed ends up in your brownies. While you’d need 1/16 ounces of weed to make 8 potent brownies, this recipe will still provide your desired effects if you decide to use less weed.
Though incredibly delicious, you’re strongly advised against eating more than one brownie at a time. Novices should consider eating a small one and be patient as the effects can take anywhere between 60-90 minutes to kick in. That, combined with their palatable taste, is the reason some people end up consuming more brownies than intended.
How to make weed brownies at home
Ingredients for 8 weed brownies
- White/brown sugar; alternatively, you can use 1 cup coconut sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ounces of unsweetened chocolate
- 1/16 ounces of finely ground weed
- 3/8 unsalted butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat your oven to 240°F. Line aluminum foil over a baking tray and break apart small pieces of your properly cured flower on the tray.
- Ensure the pieces are not overlapping and bake in the oven for about 30 minutes. Remove the tray once the timer goes off.
- Put some butter in a medium-sized source pan and melt it over low heat. Add the oven-baked weed (decarboxylated) into the melted butter and heat to simmer.
- Remove from the heat after about 40 minutes and strain the cannabutter through a cheesecloth into a medium-sized glass. Discard the strained solids and set the fine cannabutter aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a baking pan and set it aside.
- Into a mixing bowl, add your chocolate and melt it in a microwave. Next, add your ready cannabutter to the melted chocolate and whisk until the contents are homogenously combined before adding your brown sugar, vanilla, and some salt.
- Add the eggs and whisk until evenly combined. The next step is to add the flour and beat it until it is evenly incorporated.
- Pour the content into the greased baking pan and if you’re adding some toppings, add them now.
- Bake for at least 25-30 minutes. Once the timer goes off, let it cool slightly for about 30 minutes before cutting it into 8 potent brownies.
There you have it! Super easy, right?
To make the process even easier, you should consider preparing your cannabutter before the baking. Note that when tightly wrapped and stored in the fridge, cannabutter can last up to 1-2 weeks. When stored in the freezer, this shelf-life stretches to about 5-6 months.
What are the benefits of weed brownies?
Weed brownies, like any other cannabis edibles, affect every user differently. That’s because our endocannabinoid systems, physiology, and genetic makeups are different.
However, weed brownies enthusiasts generally report effects such as a euphoric high, heightened happiness, pain relief, drowsiness, and more!
Note that the high of an edible is relatively different from that of smoking or vaping, weed users report that it’s more of a body stone! That’s because the THC must first pass the digestive tract and liver before being absorbed into the bloodstream.
In the liver, THC is converted into a metabolic byproduct 11-hydroxy-THC which is more potent than delta-9 THC. Edibles are believed to be a more potent and safer way of delivering THC than smoking or vaping.
How long do weed brownies effects take to kick in?
Because edibles must first pass through the gut, their effects take much longer to kick in. When you consume a brownie, it can take up to 60-120 minutes to feel any effects. However, these effects can last up to 6 or more hours compared to inhaling (smoking and Vaping), whose effects last for 1-4 hours.
It’s also important to note that factors such as metabolism will affect how fast you experience cannabis effects. Consumers with a faster metabolism will feel the effects much sooner, and they will last for a shorter period as the body digests and processes the edible faster.
In addition, eating a weed brownie on an empty stomach will offer a faster onset of effects as opposed to eating it alongside other foods or soon after eating a meal.
Have a go and enjoy! And if you liked our recipe, please share the love with your friends on social media.